This is a PDF sewing pattern for the 1940′ s inspired Polstead Heath Messenger Bag, which is the perfect style and size to take you effortlessly from town to country wear. It features a pleated front pocket and shaped flap reminiscent of the courier bags of the war-time years. A template for an interior pocket is included. This shoulder bag style can be made with or without the front tab detail, and with a fabric strap, or a purchased leather strap attached with tabs. The Polstead Heath Messenger Bag has a flat construction (no darts or boxed corners) and can be made using several contrasting fabrics. Complete the retro look with vintage or covered buttons. The Polstead’s finished dimensions are: height 12½ (32 cm) width 15” (38 cm).
Fashion & Handbags during the 1930’s & 1940’s – by Marcela Calvet
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New