This free sewing pattern and tutorial is by The Stitching Scientist. This chic lunch bag measures about 11×8″. This is a good beginner sewing project. The lunch bag in the photo above has a simple Velcro closure (see free video tutorial by Niler Taylor below) but I think I like Remona’s suggestion of a flap closure with a button embellishment a little better because it’s an easy sew, and, it provides a little extra security so lunch isn’t falling out.
Sewing with Velcro (Hook & Loop tape) by Niler Taylor
More lunch bags:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Totes & Bags eBook from Candi Jensen and Heather Vantress
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New