A free sewing project from We All Sew
Sweet and simple goody bags! Minki Kim shares a free sewing tutorial with We All Sew / Bernina to stitch these adorable simple Valentine’s Day goody bags. The finished size for these treat bags is 5 1/2″ wide by 7″ high.
- fabric scrap for bag body: 6″ x 14 1/2″
- assorted felt scraps in assorted colors: 3 x 1 1/4” x 1 1/2” each
- red embroidery thread or Aurifil 12wt thread
- button: 1 optional
Minki Kim is a fabric and pattern designer with her own whimsical style. As a formally trained sculptor and self-taught sewist, she found that designing fabrics and creating art with fabric and thread were natural steps in her evolution as an artist. Minki has also designed several fabric collections for Riley Blake Designs. Minki Kim is also the author of Diary in Stitches: 65 Charming Motifs – 6 Fabric & Thread Projects to Bring You Joy, as well as Zakka from the Heart: Sew 16 Charming Projects to Warm Any Home.
More for Valentine’s Day:
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas