Don't know what to do with those well loved sweatshirts that you never wear? Make bags out of them with this sewing project from Ms. Elaineous, and free video sewing tips from Wendi Gratz.
These everyday bags make thoughtful gifts. This pattern includes five pages of instructions with supplemental illustrations. The instructions are comprised of short and concise sentences. An overview of this project with additional sewing tips are included. I like the shoulder straps reinforcing the body of the bag, because most sweatshirts are made from stretch fabric and the heavier the contents of your bag, the more it will stretch. The straps essentially wrap around the bag and stabilize the body of the bag. A video full of fleece sewing tips can also be found below.
How to Sew with Fleece – from Wendi Gratz
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5