Designed by Gingercake, this is a functional wallet, zippered pouch and notebook, in one clutch. This PDF sewing pattern is full of pictures and simple descriptions. The designer does not recommend printing this particular pattern out since the pictures would use too much ink. Instead, you can easily follow using your tablet or computer in your sewing room. Printing out the final page as a reference guide would be helpful though. For those sewers who are more visual, most of the sewing steps are not only written but are clearly demonstrated using pictures. This is a simple sewing project, but it does require some advanced beginner sewing techniques. It is not suitable for a first project! You need to have mastered a few basic skills and be able to understand basic sewing terms. These techniques include gathering, using a zipper foot (although you could hand sew the zipper with the same result), understand terms such as “seam allowance”, “right sides of fabric“, and be able to sew a “confident straight line”.
More clutch bag sewing patterns featured at PatternPile.com:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5