A Free Sewing Tutorial from Sip, Sew, Savannah
This backpack sewing project is simple and fun to sew. A drawstring closes the bag tight and a flap covers the cinched top. Maxime from Sip, Sew, Savannah used a lovely natural canvas paired with a fresh contrasting fabric print. Some soft rope is used as the drawstring. This bag is reinforced with fusible interfacing. Webbing is used for straps, of course you can create your own. Maybe add some padding to the straps for comfort over the shoulders? A nice basic drawstring backpack bag for the beach or back to school.
- 3/4 yard sturdy fabric
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 1/4 yard fusible interfacing
- drawstring cord
- 50″ of webbing at any width
More backpack projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Summer Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas