This pdf pattern makes a wonderful wall hanging or cozy lap quilt for Halloween. Quick-pieced snowball blocks (see quick video tutorial below) are easily transformed into these scrap happy jack-o-lanterns with fusible appliqued features. You’ll have a wonderful wall hanging or cozy lap quilt in no time! Use an assortment of pre-cut squares for the Jacks and the setting squares and assorted green scraps from your stash for the leaves and foliage. The finished block size is 9″ square.
- 13 -10″ squares assorted orange fabric prints for the “Jacks” or 1 3/8 yards of a single print
- 12 – 10″ squares assorted medium-dark fabric (or light) prints for the setting squares or 1 3/8 yards of a single print
- 3/8 yard light fabric print for the “Happy Jack” block corners or assorted light prints to equal that amount
- Assorted green fabric scraps for stems, stem caps, and leaves
- Assorted black (or dark brown) of fabric prints for facial features
- 5/8 yard of fabric for inner border
- 1 1/8 yards of fabric for outer border
- 5/8 yard of fabric for binding
More Halloween projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Summer Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas