A modern version of the Japanese Komebukuro, a traditional pouch used in Japan to carry rice offerings to the temple during religious ceremonies, or to store gifts for friends or relatives. Komebukuro bags were hand sewn in a patchwork style using whatever fabrics were available, and cinched closed with a cotton drawstring cord. This bag is a fabulous sewing project for using your scraps and maybe some fussy cutting. This bag is reversible! Skill level: confident beginner. Approximate finished bag dimensions: 6″ square x 7″ tall [15.25 x 17.75 cm].
More bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5