A free video tutorial by Amy Chappell
Learn to sew these simple zipper pouches with a rainbow-of-hearts appliqued on! Zipper pouches are always sew handy, they make excellent gifts and are fun to sew, especially when they have a rainbow of hearts on them! With this free video tutorial by Amy Chappell for Therm-o-web you will have a lovely pile of them sewn together in a snap. The rainbow heart zipper pouches in this tutorial are made using the Hashdot fabrics from Michael Miller and can be sewn in an afternoon. Keep one in your purse, laptop bag, backpack, diaper bag, etc., or give to a teacher as an appreciation gift. Great for birthday gifts filled with fun treats or toys – the possibilities are endless with these fun rainbow heart pouches.
You will need:
- less than a fat quarter of fabric for the exterior and lining each,
- scraps for the hearts
- pattern for hearts, or cut your own
- Heat n Bond lite
- Heat n bond fusible fleece
- zipper – at least 8″ long
- 3/4″ D-ring, if desired to add the wrist strap
*In the video it says to place the heart appliques 1 3/4″ away from the right side, this should be changed to 1 1/4″.
More like this:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Holiday Projects
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯