A free DIY from Deb’s Journal showing us how she created a mobile ironing board and rotary cutting mat case on the cheap! After pricing these cases in a sewing store and finding them at $60 USD, she knew she could make this carrying case less expensively. Deb made her mobile case to take to quilting class, and they are perfect for sewing retreats too. This case might also come in handy when your sewing project requires a lot of getting up and down using the iron. You can also use it next to your sewing machine at home! What a great space saver for those of us with small sewing rooms.
- cutting mat
- heat resistant batting
- fastener (snaps or Velcro, etc.)
- sheet of foam board from any office supply store (typically used for signs)
- regular batting
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Summer Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas