A free step -by-step sewing tutorial by Giuseppe Ribaudo for We All Sew
Giuseppe Ribaudo (AKA Giucy Giuce) shares this free sewing tutorial for a sunset-inspired bucket bag for summer. This modern patchwork bag showcases a flying geese pattern using a white or ivory print for the geese against a different solid color from top to bottom. Simply cinch this bag closed at the top to keep everything safe inside.
Here’s what you will need to stitch this bag:
- 11 fat quarters – 10 solids and 1 print for geese
- .75 yard of wide canvas or other heavyweight fabric for the lining
- 10 Dritz 0.44″ metal grommets
- 2.5 yards of twisted soft cotton rope
- round 10.5″ diameter plate
- free flying geese paper piece template download
More fun projects:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5