At first glance and with all of the Easter goodies starting to pop up I thought the pears were actually bunnies. You could sew little pom-poms to the bottoms of the pears as bunny tails. ;) And if you don’t choose to make this your Easter wall-hanging, the pears ARE a very lovely addition to this shabby chic wall quilt. Make it your own! Combine a fruit shape with pastel floral fabrics to create a well-balanced design. Use the same cream tone-on-tone for the appliqué foundations and the rectangles and 4-patch units in the pieced blocks to play up the chain effect. Inspired by “A Perfect Pair” from designer Avis Shirer of Joined at the Hip. Finished quilt: 35″ square. Finished blocks: 8″ square.
- 1-1/8 yards green floral (pear appliqués, outer border, binding)
- 1/8 yards green stripe (leaf appliqués)
- 2/3 yard cream tone-on-tone (appliqué foundations, pieced blocks)
- 3/8 yard pink floral (pieced blocks)
- 1/4 yard pink stripe (inner border)
- 1-1/4 yards backing fabric
- 43″ square batting
- Lightweight fusible web
More fun quilt patterns to see:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5