Recycling/upcycling a man’s extra large button-down shirt to create a very practical messenger-style bag to carry anywhere. Alternatively you could use a ladies blouse which would also provide you with more opportunities to create a unique bag using any feminine trim, texture, or fabric prints.
How to Upcycle Clothing: Shirt Deconstruction 101
“How to upcycle shirts for use in your quilting and soft craft projects. Find more fabric projects on our website La Todera that you can use with the upcycled fabric from this video! The Asian Fan Purse and Camelia Gigantis Brooch patterns on our site were made using shirts just like those in this video! Note: The quilt on the opening page (and several in later scenes) were made in the great Kaffe Fassett/ Liza Lucy workshops!” – La Todera
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5