This is a fun knitting and felting project because it makes up quickly and requires only one skein of yarn! The Berry Bag was featured in the special issue of Interweave Felt Special Issue 2008. Please note that the pattern was not printed in the magazine, but was featured in a collection. The suggested yarn is Lamb’s Pride Worsted Wool, which is absolutely beautiful when felted. There is no lining necessary as the bag is felted, and finishes as a very sturdy bag. This pattern is ridiculously cute, so who wouldn’t want a Berry Bag!? Skill Level: intermediate.
SKILLS TO KNOW
+ Knitting in the round with double pointed needles
+ approx. 9″ diameter
+ 4″ handle opening, please see notes for smaller handle
- Lamb’s Pride Worsted Wool 85% wool and 15% mohair, 1 skein in the color of your choice
- US 11 double pointed needles
- US 11, 24″ circular needle (recommended) (The Berry bag may be knit solely with double pointed needles, but it’s easier to switch to the circulars and not worry about dropping stitches.)
- A top loading washing machine is recommended to felt the bag. Felting can also be done by hand using the plunger & bucket method to agitate the wool: http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/FEATfeltingoldway.html
More knitting patterns featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Holiday Projects
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯