This gorgeous handbag by Vickie of Vicki’s Fabric Creations, is inspired by the many bag patterns that are available using the original Japanese origami style design. Vickie embroidered the designs in variegated thread on a heavy black cotton fabric using iron-on interfacing as stabilizer to keep everything in place after they were finished. She explains that this gives the bag a bit more body. Read more about how this bag was constructed and learn how to make one too!
Machine Embroidery Tips:
Which Type of Stabilizer Do I Use for my Embroidery?
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5