A free sewing tutorial by Sylvain Bergeron for Bernina
A simple mesh beach or pool bag (swimming lessons?) that is large enough for a beach towel, some sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses, maybe a phone, and a book. This drawstring mesh beach or pool bag is easy and quick to sew. This bag was constructed with a polyester mesh fabric AND rip stop nylon fabric. An alternative to rip-stop fabric would be canvas, sparkle vinyl, laminated fabric, oilcloth, or any sturdy, durable fabric.
Watch the talented Sylvain Bergeron stitch this summer bag for Bernina:
Watch the free video tutorial:
Sylvain Bergeron is an Educator with BERNINA of America. He came to sewing through garment making and sewing projects for the home. He has since become a quilter, developing all-over thread designs with embroidery software and creating digital wall paintings quilts. He was the first ever recipient of the Master Award for Thread Artistry at IQF Houston. He is self-described as a thread junkiehttps://weallsew.com/author/snbergeron/
More bags to sew or crochet for the pool and the beach:
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas