Choose fabric prints in two complementary colors or in coordinating values to make the Hearts Entwined Quilt. Pay careful attention to the color placement of the patches in each block and when they are joined, two large hearts will entwine on the surface of your quilt. Choose fabric prints of equal value if you want both hearts to pop, but if you want one to stand out more than the other, use prints in two values–dark and medium against a light background. It’s the perfect wall hanging for Christmas in red and green, but it’s pretty in pink, too, for a baby quilt or in red prints for your special Valentine. Make it for a bride in her wedding colors–or try it in cream and tans for a wedding keepsake quilt. Foundation paper piecing makes it easy to create accurately pieced diamond blocks. It’s also easier to accurately piece the small economy patch blocks using paper foundations. The Hearts Entwined Quilt Pattern includes full-size templates to copy for the paper-piecing foundations and tips on paper-piecing.
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas