I thought this was a very clever recycling project. I love tweeds, velvet, and brocades so this is very inspiring to me! Linda of Craftaholics Anonymous demonstrates how she deconstructed a suit-coat sleeve and re-uses fabric and some seams while she creates a classy clutch.
What is Tweed?
“Tweed is a type of fabric made from rough, woven wool. It may or may not use a twill or diagonal weave. Herringbone, a twill pattern in which the diagonal slant of the weave alternates, is popular in tweed. Many tweed fabrics also make use of threads of different colors to create an attractive “heather” effect. Tweed was traditionally hand dyed using local natural dyes and hand woven.” ~ source: ahume.co.uk
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5