A Free Sewing Project by Amber of Crazy Little Projects
Sew this fun citrus summer tote bag together for days at the park, pool, or beach. Amber, from Crazy Little Projects shows us how she put her tote together using canvas duck fabric prints in a fresh melon or tangerine color! Like a splash of orange juice on a sunny day! The inclusion of interfacing is optional when you sew with canvas or cotton duck as it is already quite sturdy. If you need a stiffer, or more structured bag, interfacing will do the trick. I don’t necessarily recommend this project as a sewing tutorial, as basic sewing skills and an understanding of how to include a lining is implied. A true beginner would become confused. There are many lovely photos to follow along within this sewing project, and a good description of the steps required. Amber does an excellent job demonstrating the construction of this bag, and choosing fabrics. This project is worth adding to your favorites!
More tote bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5