This free sewing pattern and tutorial is by The Stitching Scientist. This chic lunch bag measures about 11×8″. This is a good beginner sewing project. The lunch bag in the photo above has a simple Velcro closure (see free video tutorial by Niler Taylor below) but I think I like Remona’s suggestion of a flap closure with a button embellishment a little better because it’s an easy sew, and, it provides a little extra security so lunch isn’t falling out.
Sewing with Velcro (Hook & Loop tape) by Niler Taylor
More lunch bags:
The latest from some of our partners:
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Call Me! Crossbody Bag from Sewn Ideas