A digital sewing guide from Lilly Blossom
A digital sewing guide will show you how to make this Origami Boho tote bag. This bag is the perfect size for sunny days at the park, errands, market shopping, and more. This fun bag has a unique shape stitched with one rectangle of fabric and some simple folding. This is a great sewing project for confident beginners with step-by-step close-up photographs demonstrating each step of the way. Once completed this bag measures approximately 22” (56 cm) high x 16” (40 cm) wide x 5″ deep at the base. The sewing epattern provides measurements using both the metric and imperial systems. This handbag is unlined. The design uses two coordinating fabrics one for the outside and one for the handle cover. You will also need to measure and draw two pattern pieces, both of which are simple rectangles. You only need to be able to sew straight seams and some zigzag stitching, – if adding the gussets to the base.
Supplies needed to make one bag:
- exterior bag – one rectangle of fabric measuring 45” x 15” (115 x 39 cm)
- handle – one rectangle of fabric measuring 3.5” x 7” (9 x 18 cm)
- coordinating thread
More handbag sewing projects:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5