This winter blue plaid wool shoulder bag by Emily at nap-time creations was inspired from the book One Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker, Patricia Hoskins. The pattern for this bag, as well as many other sewing projects, is available within the One Yard Wonders Book. Emily has graciously provided a free step-by-step photo tutorial demonstrating how easy this bag can be for most sewers. This is an intermediate sewing project but is generally suitable for advanced beginner sewers. The instructions within the book are also excellent, I have created one of these purses myself and use it as a cross-body purse. If I created another one of these pleated bags, I would add a recessed zipper closure. Check out Emily’s free sewing tutorial below:
How to Make Box Pleats: from OnlineFabricStore
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New