A free sewing DIY by Karen at Sew What's New
Karen blogs at Sew What’s New about her latest bag sewing project, a fabulous nautical drawstring bucket-style bag! Find out how she customizes a Style pattern #4143 and came up with this beauty that inspired by an old fashioned sailor’s kit bag like this one:
Karen added some features such as; a shoulder pad which is a simple wrap with a strip of soft and stable to pad it and a Velcro closure. A round base with a cinched top, heavy cotton canvas exterior fabric and used a ripstop nylon for lining. She added three meters (UK) of 9mm soft cotton rope around the top for cinching. Exterior pockets for keys and cash. The perfect bag for the beach, boating, the cottage, and the pool!
More drawstring sewing projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New