+ How to install a zipper without using a zipper foot
I don’t know about you, but to actually be able to get into my sewing room has been very difficult lately with parenting and a full-time job. I have to be inspired by a few different things in a project and have the time to execute my sewing mission. This project from Laura Termini of Chicanol is one of those that inspires me because it’s very cool, it’s easy sewing, and it’s extremely enviro GREEN and exceptionally economical.
If you want to learn how to sew zippers, or want to upcycle a vest you have but perhaps it ended up in the dryer too long… (remember that’s called felting ;) ), this is the perfect recycle and sewing project. It’s an easy sew, and you will end up with a unique and large-capacity custom bag. Music to my ears!
Unfortunately there is not a sewing tutorial of PDF pattern for this bag. I really hope someone writes or films one so that I can include it within this post. You can see more from Laura Termini of Chicanol here!
How to install a zipper without using a zipper foot by Niler Taylor:
More large capacity bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Octopus Plush Toy from DIY Fluffies
- Sweet Treats Holiday Gift & Goody Bags from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- New Collections of Fabrics & Panels from QuiltGirls
- Padded Book Sleeve with Pockets from Sewn Ideas
- Quilt Block Collection from Art Gallery Fabrics featured at Sew What's New