Motion-powered 'smart' fabric can charge our electronics? What will this mean for bag-making?
So now that we know this fabric technology is on it’s way, and sooner or later will be available to everyday consumers, what would you create with a yard of “smart fabric”?
Here are some suggestions for future power-generating fabric sewing projects:
- The Belt Bag
- How to Sew a Waist Pouch/Belt for Jogging
- Belted Waist Pouch
- Sew a Custom Camera Bag + Reversible Camera Strap Sleeve
- Clever Armband Pouch
- The Bookbag Backpack
- Malini Chandra’s Quilted Cross-body Bag
- Susie D’s Padded Smart Phone Pouch
- The Kaylee Padded Phone Case
- Padded Messenger + Laptop Bag
More Smart Fabric News Clips:
CNET “Motion-powered ‘smart’ fabric could charge your electronics. A new type of fabric is designed to collect and store static electricity in order to give your personal devices a power boost.” [Read more at Cnet!] by Michelle Starr @riding_red.
CBSN: Scientists are developing a fabric that can charge your electronic devices. CNET’s Bridget Carey also joins CBSN in this video with more on how it works.