Don't know what to do with those well loved sweatshirts that you never wear? Make bags out of them with this sewing project from Ms. Elaineous, and free video sewing tips from Wendi Gratz.
These everyday bags make thoughtful gifts. This pattern includes five pages of instructions with supplemental illustrations. The instructions are comprised of short and concise sentences. An overview of this project with additional sewing tips are included. I like the shoulder straps reinforcing the body of the bag, because most sweatshirts are made from stretch fabric and the heavier the contents of your bag, the more it will stretch. The straps essentially wrap around the bag and stabilize the body of the bag. A video full of fleece sewing tips can also be found below.
How to Sew with Fleece – from Wendi Gratz
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New