The Varsity Messenger sewing pattern from Schoolhouse Patterns is for stitching this fun messenger bag with a patchwork exterior front. The Varsity bag offers two interior pockets and a flap closure. There is no need for zippers or Velcro, making this an easier sewing project. The Varsity messenger bag is just the right size to hold a full sized iPad. Please confirm the size of your iPad first as dimensions for newer and future iPads can change as they are released. The finished measurements of the Varsity bag are; bag body is 10.5″ x 10.5″ and the strap measures 26″ from shoulder to the bag body. This PDF pattern includes seven pages of instructions which are fully illustrated with color photos and four pattern sheets.
- 1 fat quarter fabric for back & flap top
- 1/2 yard fabric for the flap liner, strap & 1 front strip
- 1/2 yard fabric for liner & 2 front strips
- 1 fat quarter for pocket & 2 front strips
- 1/2 yard fusible fleece
- 1/2 yard heavy weight fusible interfacing
Dots and Spots Fabric
More cross-body bag projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New