This super-spacious tote bag from Sew Many Creations NY can carry everything! Perfect haul-it-all bag for weekend trips, work, the gym, as a diaper bag, guild meetings, library, school, – the uses are endless! The Tourist Tote is a good beginner sewing project for anyone who wants to create a beautiful yet simple bag. No pockets or closure! A basic large-capacity bag that anyone can sew.
- 1/3 yard cotton fabric for outside top (quilting-weight cotton recommended)
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for outside bottom (quilting-weight cotton recommended)
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for handles
- 1/2 yard cotton fabric for the lining
- 1-1/4 yards Pellon Decor Bond 44”W fusible interfacing
- coordinating thread
- sewing machine with ¼” foot
- pins, rotary cutter, ruler, mat, pencil, seam ripper, etc.
Finished Tourist Tote size: 18.5″ wide at the top, 12″ wide at the bottom, by 12″ high and 7″ deep.
Watch the free sewing tutorial:
More large tote bags to sew:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections! 🎉
- Halloween Projects 🎃
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- Classic Handbag – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas 👜
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯