Sue's Picks: 💖
Cross-body Dog Walking Bag – Sew and Sell 🐾
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Seat Belt Project Kit of the Month – March
Does Your Iron Levitate?
Purse Hardware and Zippers for Bags
A chic large-capacity bag to sew primarily as a beach bag, or yoga tote. Her name is Sophia and she’s sew very practical. Slip a rolled towel or two behind her adjustable long handles, and carry her to the beach or the pool, but don’t limit this bag to a hot summer and wet towels! Sophia would also be a very competent market tote, or weekender bag! There are interior and exterior pockets to keep your valuables within easy reach wherever you take Sophia. SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: 18″ wide x 18″ tall x 5″ deep. You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
- 1.5 yards 44″ wide main exterior fabric, any weight
- 1.5 yards 44″ wide lining fabric, quilting weight
- 1 yard 44″ (or wider) heavy fabric (cotton duck, home decor, etc.)
- 1 yard fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam Plus)
- 3 yards 20″ wide light-midweight interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 10″ all-purpose zipper
- 2 magnetic snaps
- Coordinating thread
Related sewing projects featured at PP:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!