Inspired by the styles of the 1950s, this pdf pattern is for a simple ‘vase’ shaped bag with elegant curves, a plain handle and an optional front pocket which doubles as an interior pocket template. The PDF also includes a template for a top tie bow. This bag is a reasonable size to use for almost any occasion and can be made up in everything from bright patterned decorator fabrics to plain wools or fancy brocades. The finished size of the Sophia Bag is approximately 10½” (27cm) wide by 9½” (24cm) tall (excluding handle). Handle is 17½” (44cm) long.
More vintage inspired sewing at PP:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New