A free sewing pattern from Sew Desu Ne
Choly Knight of Sew Desu Ne shares this wonderful free sewing pattern for her steampunk-style Scientist’s Satchel. Choly stitched this messenger style bag together with recycled faux suede and it measured about 12” wide, 8” tall, and 4” deep. Sew one for school, work, or as a casual everyday bag.
- 1 yard of 45” wide or ⅔ yard of 60” wide medium-to-heavyweight fabric for bag exterior, denim, canvas, cotton duck, etc.
- ¾ yard of quilting fabric for the lining
- 1” twist lock
- 12” zipper (at least)
- basic sewing tools; sewing machine, scissors, iron, needles, pins, fabric marker, seam ripper
- optional fabric paints
- applique supplies
- 10” square scrap of applique fabric for gears (cotton or felt)
- 10” square piece of light or heavy-duty fusible web
Choly Knight is the author of several sewing and craft books published by Fox Chapel Publishing. Choly has been sewing since she was 12 years old and not stopped since. Inspired by fantasy, sci-fi and Japanese culture, Choly is thrilled that her interests and sewing skills have led her through this path of creativity to share with you!
More great bag projects:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Beauty Cosmetic Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New