A simple roomy tote bag pattern that you can sew with some quilt batting and your favorite fabric. The bag pictured above was sewn with laminated fabric. (You can learn how to laminate your own fabric here.) The pattern is considered “easy”, so if you have never made a bag before, Sara from Sew Sweetness thinks you should be able to make this one!
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 1/3 yard accent/strap fabric
- 1 yard Pellon® SF101 Shape-Flex
- 1 yard Pellon® Nature’s Touch 100% Natural Cotton Batting
- 2 yards Pellon® 805 Wonder-Under®
- 1 1/8 yards Pellon® Wonder-Under Tape (or use scraps from yardage)
- 4 metal o-rings (2″)
- Optional: 1/2” magnetic snap (easy installation tutorial here)
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5