A simple roomy tote bag pattern that you can sew with some quilt batting and your favorite fabric. The bag pictured above was sewn with laminated fabric. (You can learn how to laminate your own fabric here.) The pattern is considered “easy”, so if you have never made a bag before, Sara from Sew Sweetness thinks you should be able to make this one!
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 1/3 yard accent/strap fabric
- 1 yard Pellon® SF101 Shape-Flex
- 1 yard Pellon® Nature’s Touch 100% Natural Cotton Batting
- 2 yards Pellon® 805 Wonder-Under®
- 1 1/8 yards Pellon® Wonder-Under Tape (or use scraps from yardage)
- 4 metal o-rings (2″)
- Optional: 1/2” magnetic snap (easy installation tutorial here)
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New