An intermediate PDF sewing pattern from Pink Pony Design. This make-up bag has a modern style that is perfect for sewing some of those fabrics you’ve been saving for a special project. The step-by-step clearly written instructions make this a straight-forward sewing project. Instructions are all followed by a color photo. The finished bag measures 8″ x 5.5″.
- 13” x 9” woven / vinyl / faux leather exterior fabric
- 6” x 22” contrast fabric for exterior (sides and zipper panels)
- 18” x 22” fat quarter of cotton lining fabric
- 12” x 8” foam interfacing such as ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable, Pellon Flex-Foam or similar.
- 18” x 22″ lightweight fusible interfacing such as Vilene G700 woven fusible, Pellon SF101 Shape Flex or any scrap of light but not lofty fusible interfacing you have laying around. This is to stabilize the zipper, sides and lining
- (1) 11” zipper (if you’re very uncomfortable replacing zipper pulls, choose a dividing zipper)
- Wonder Clips.
- fabric glue
- rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
More cosmetic bag sewing projects featured at PP:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Back to School Sewing Projects
- The Gemini Flight Bag Pattern from StudioKat Designs
- The Crystal Clear Zipper Pouch – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5