An intermediate PDF sewing pattern from Pink Pony Design. This make-up bag has a modern style that is perfect for sewing some of those fabrics you’ve been saving for a special project. The step-by-step clearly written instructions make this a straight-forward sewing project. Instructions are all followed by a color photo. The finished bag measures 8″ x 5.5″.
- 13” x 9” woven / vinyl / faux leather exterior fabric
- 6” x 22” contrast fabric for exterior (sides and zipper panels)
- 18” x 22” fat quarter of cotton lining fabric
- 12” x 8” foam interfacing such as ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable, Pellon Flex-Foam or similar.
- 18” x 22″ lightweight fusible interfacing such as Vilene G700 woven fusible, Pellon SF101 Shape Flex or any scrap of light but not lofty fusible interfacing you have laying around. This is to stabilize the zipper, sides and lining
- (1) 11” zipper (if you’re very uncomfortable replacing zipper pulls, choose a dividing zipper)
- Wonder Clips.
- fabric glue
- rotary cutter, cutting mat & ruler
More cosmetic bag sewing projects featured at PP:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Octopus Plush Toy from DIY Fluffies
- Sweet Treats Holiday Gift & Goody Bags from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- New Collections of Fabrics & Panels from QuiltGirls
- Padded Book Sleeve with Pockets from Sewn Ideas
- Quilt Block Collection from Art Gallery Fabrics featured at Sew What's New