A sewing epattern from RLR Creations Sewing
The Percival laptop briefcase bag is designed by RLR Creations for those who demand style and function. This laptop bag is spacious enough to store your laptop, computing accessories, and anything else you might need for work, school or travel. The Percival bag includes a padded laptop computer pocket with a flap to keep your laptop computer secure inside the bag along with several custom pockets inside and out for everything else. Versatile carrying options include two top handles and an adjustable shoulder strap.
The Percival Laptop Briefcase bag will fit a laptop up to 16” in width (approx. equal to a laptop with up to a 17” screen size) and measures 16” wide, 12” tall, and 3 ½ deep.
FABRIC AND INTERFACING:
- 1.25 yards 44” wide mid-weight canvas, duck cloth, or décor-weight fabric for your main fabric
- 2.25 yards 44” wide quilting cotton fabric for lining
- 1 yard 45” fusible Pellon 809 decor interfacing – heavy interfacing
- 2.75 yards 20” fusible Pellon SF 101 – light interfacing
- 1 yard 20” Pellon FF 77 fusible Flex Foam stabilizer
- 1 piece- 17″ X 22″ -1/2″ thick project (craft) foam for laptop pocket padding
- 1 piece- 16″ x 12″ – 805 Wonder-Under paper-backed fusible web – to attach the ½” foam.
- 24″ or longer #5 coordinating zipper for the top closure
- 12″ or longer #5 coordinating zipper– zipper #1
- 9″ or longer #3 coordinating zipper- zipper #2
- 16″ or longer #5 coordinating zipper- zipper #3
- coordinating thread
- Microtex (sharp) needle 80/12 –recommended for top-stitching through the thicker parts.
- removable fabric marker
- fabric glue or fabric glue stick – optional
More laptop bag projects:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections! 🎉
- Halloween Projects 🎃
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- Classic Handbag – Sew and Sell from Sewn Ideas 👜
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯