A PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
She’s the “Mother of all bags”, the versatile large-capacity Motherload tote! Like so many moms, this bag can go from daycare to dance class, and the beach to the ballpark without skipping a beat or leaving anything behind! Finished measurements: 21″ x 13″ x 5 1/2″ (53 x 33 x 14 cm).
- Optional extended handles can carry a yoga mat, beach towel or picnic blanket below the bag and tightened up in D-rings when not in use.
- An exterior accessory D-ring offers a convenient place to hang keys, sunglasses, gym membership card, or just for a bit of bling.
- A very large exterior zippered pocket.
- Two roomy, separate interior compartments that are easily customize to your needs.
- Between the interior compartments are a pleated, zippered pocket and a water bottle sling.
- An optional luggage strap will keep your Motherload tote firmly attached to the handle of pull-style luggage.
- Main fabric: 1 1/8 yards* (44″wide) for exterior. Suggested: light to medium weight home decor or quilt weight cotton
- Contrast fabric: 1 1/2 yards* (44″ wide) for handles and lining. Suggested: light to medium weight home decor or quilting-weight cotton fabric.
- Fusible Fleece: 5/8 yard (45″ wide) Suggested: Pellon Fusible Thermolam(r) Plus (TP971F) or for a firmer bag, use two layers of fleece, Soft & Stable(r) from byAnnie, Pellon FlexFoam(r) (FF-77) or headliner. Note: If you are using a foam stabilizer that is 20″ wide, buy 1 1/4 yards.
- Medium-weight interfacing: 3 1/2 yards (20″ wide). Suggested: Pellon Soft-Flex(r) (SF101) or for a crisper bag and handles use Pellon Craft-Fuse(r) (#808).
- 1 22″ all-purpose or heavy weight zipper (56 cm) or longer for top closure
- 1 8″ all-purpose zipper (20 cm) or longer for interior pocket
- 1 18″ all-purpose zipper (46 cm) or longer for exterior pocket
- D-rings or rectangles – to fit 1″ (2.5 cm) wide handles. 9 – for extended handle design or 1 – for un-extended handle design
- Heavy-weight needle
- Temporary marking pen
- Wonder Tape or similar two – sided fusible product (optional)
- 5 1/2 x 14 1/2″(14 x 37 cm) – piece of plastic canvas for bag bottom (optional)
- Option: Use uncovered nylon webbing instead of fabric handles, you need 4 1/4 yards – 1″ (2.5 cm) wide webbing.
- Option: Make a luggage strap to secure your bag to the handle of pull-style luggage (for extended handles only) – purchase two swivel hooks – to fit 1″(2.5 cm) wide strap.
More sewing patterns from Cozy Nest Designs:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New