A PDF Sewing Pattern from Charlie’s Aunt Designs
Sue's Picks: 💖
Cross-body Dog Walking Bag – Sew and Sell 🐾
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Seat Belt Project Kit of the Month – March
Does Your Iron Levitate?
Purse Hardware and Zippers for Bags
This is a PDF sewing pattern for the 1920’s-inspired Kettlebaston cloche hat, featuring an integrated band, pieced crown and button tab trim. This smart hat design has a neat brim that is reminiscent of flattering shapes of the late 20’s and early 30’s cloche hats. The Kettlebaston cloche hat is equally suitable for today’s attire sewn from tweed, moleskin or corduroy for autumn and winter wear, or in lighter weight linen fabrics for warmer weather.
This PDF sewing pattern provides actual size templates to print. As many of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must cut out and tape these templates together where shown. Instructions for this are clear. Three different sizes – small (21½”), medium (22½) and large (23½”) – are included in the pattern. This pattern is not suitable for beginners.
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 54” (140 cm) wide, or 2/3 yard of 44” (112 cm) wide, exterior fabric for the outside of the hat
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing (in a firm weight) to stiffen the exterior fabric
- ¼ yard (25 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide lining fabric to line the hat
- approximately 1 yard (39 cm) of 1” (25 mm) width grosgrain ribbon for interior band
- 1 button approx. 1¼” (35 mm) diameter to trim side tab
- sticky tape (to join pattern templates)
- sewing machine
- fabric marker pen, pencil or chalk
- thread to match fabric
More hat patterns:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!