A PDF Sewing Pattern from Charlie’s Aunt Designs
This is a PDF sewing pattern for the 1920’s-inspired Kettlebaston cloche hat, featuring an integrated band, pieced crown and button tab trim. This smart hat design has a neat brim that is reminiscent of flattering shapes of the late 20’s and early 30’s cloche hats. The Kettlebaston cloche hat is equally suitable for today’s attire sewn from tweed, moleskin or corduroy for autumn and winter wear, or in lighter weight linen fabrics for warmer weather.
This PDF sewing pattern provides actual size templates to print. As many of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must cut out and tape these templates together where shown. Instructions for this are clear. Three different sizes – small (21½”), medium (22½) and large (23½”) – are included in the pattern. This pattern is not suitable for beginners.
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 54” (140 cm) wide, or 2/3 yard of 44” (112 cm) wide, exterior fabric for the outside of the hat
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing (in a firm weight) to stiffen the exterior fabric
- ¼ yard (25 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide lining fabric to line the hat
- approximately 1 yard (39 cm) of 1” (25 mm) width grosgrain ribbon for interior band
- 1 button approx. 1¼” (35 mm) diameter to trim side tab
- sticky tape (to join pattern templates)
- sewing machine
- fabric marker pen, pencil or chalk
- thread to match fabric
More hat patterns:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New