Christine Welsh seems to have thought of everything when designing this pattern. From fabric suggestions, to tools to use during construction. I appreciate the added bag-making tips and tutorials provided to help those of us who can use some extra sewing help. The Genevieve pattern instructions do not presume you already know how to do it all. Photos of the suggested tools, and bag hardware help you to quickly and easily name them all. The steps required to construct and sew the bag are quite detailed, yet not complicated. This sewing pattern also includes instructions for prep work and cutting fabric out too. Many patterns miss the mark with preparation tips. This fantastic pattern provides three different versions and styles that are also color-coded to help you end any confusion as you follow along.
Many commercial pattern designers could take a lesson or two from Christine. There are truly so many ways that this pattern reads easier to follow, I really can’t mention them all here. If you’ve ever tried to follow a pattern, and had to stop and question the instructions, diagrams, or the order of construction, you will appreciate the detail and hard work that has gone into the Genevieve pattern. I visual learner will have no trouble sewing the Genevieve bag together with such a well thought out project.
A few quick facts about the Genevieve Bag:
- Genevieve gently closes with a magnetic snap and has a large slip pocket under the flap along with a smaller slip pocket for your mobile phone.
- Two interior slip pockets, a pen pocket and an interior zipper pocket keep your valuables secure.
- The piped body side and center panels create the back body and front pocket.
- The front body pieces are NOT piped on any version.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable.
- All seam allowances are 6 mm (¼”) unless otherwise stated.
More bags featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New