A PDF Sewing Pattern from Charlie's Aunt Designs
Sue's Picks: 💖
Cross-body Dog Walking Bag – Sew and Sell 🐾
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Seat Belt Project Kit of the Month – March
Does Your Iron Levitate?
Purse Hardware and Zippers for Bags
A PDF sewing pattern from Charlie’s Aunt Designs for the 1920’s-era vintage inspired ladies Chelsworth Cloche hat featuring a turn-up brim, and belting with buckle trim. This classy hat suits most face shapes and looks beautiful sewn in wool, tweed, velvet, moleskin, corduroy, or, stitched in a light-weight linen fabric for the warmer months of the year. All of the pattern templates are actual size. Three different sizes: small (21½”), medium (22½”), and large (23½”), are all included in this hat sewing pattern.
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 44” (112 cm) or 54” (140 cm) wide exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing
- ¼ yard (25 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide, or ½ yd (50 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide lining fabric
- fusible web 25” (64 cm) by 3” (8 cm)
- approximately 1 yard (39 cm) of 1” (25 mm) width grosgrain ribbon
- 1 buckle with center prong measuring 1½” (38 mm)
You will also need:
- Sticky tape (to connect printed pattern templates)
- Your sewing machine
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Fabric marker pen, pencil or chalk
- Thread to match your fabric(s)
More vintage inspired sewing at PP:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!