A PDF Sewing Pattern from Cloudsplitter Designs
An intermediate thirty page PDF sewing pattern from Cloudsplitter Designs for a sturdy cinched backpack. This bag is well designed and the pattern boasts rave reviews from sewers. You will need to be comfortable sewing zippers, using interfacing, and installing eyelets. Advanced beginners can create this beautiful backpack with patience, practice, and good instruction from A- Z. Lots of pockets and a flap closure keeps everything you need inside. This is also a nice backpack to sew for a young child for school or daycare.
- 1 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric
- 3.5 yards lightweight woven fusible interfacing
- Soft and Stable: 1 yard or approx 36”x 20” piece
- Small piece of Pellon stabilizer 71/71f or similar
- One 22”-26” nylon zipper for backpack strap
- Four 7” nylon zippers
- One 1” D-ring
- One 1” swivel clip
OPTIONAL Supplies and Notions:
- 1.25 yard Pellon Wonder Under 805 (paper backed fusible web). If you are using Wonder Under to fuse exterior fabric to Soft and Stable you may omit 1.25 yards of lightweight fusible interfacing.
- Wash Away Wonder Tape (use this for zippers, etc instead of pinning)
- If making cinched top: 8 eyelets, 1/4”-1/2” inner diameter
- If making cinched top opening: 2/3 yard of cording for cinched top closure, 1/4” width maximum. (Or follow
instructions to make your own 1/4” ties.)
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New