This pdf pattern by Cozy Nest Designs shows us how to construct a bag with just a bit of attitude! The corset lacing up the black faux leather exterior gives the Barcelona Bag a “moto” or “biker” style. Of course you can change this up using soft patchwork and ribbon to create a shabby chic bag using the same pattern. This quick and easy-to-sew shoulder bag is the perfect size for everyday errands and large enough to carry everything you need. The vinyl or faux leather accent panels offer four slip pockets on the exterior. The interior bag provides more pockets and a magnetic snap closure. Slip pockets are one of the simplest pockets you can include within a bag. Cozy Nest Designs also offers sewing instructions to make a matching cosmetic bag. The Barcelona Bag pattern pieces are printable on standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Yay!
Sewing Tip: Don’t forget to use a non-stick or roller presser foot, or, stick some office tape to the bottom of your presser foot when you sew the vinyl. See more tips for sewing with vinyl and faux leather here.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Uptown Tote from Merge Bags
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New