A Free PDF Sewing Tutorial
Sue's Picks: 💖
Cross-body Dog Walking Bag – Sew and Sell 🐾
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Seat Belt Project Kit of the Month – March
Does Your Iron Levitate?
Purse Hardware and Zippers for Bags
This free sewing tutorial is written so beginner and intermediate sewers can create a simple, unlined, functional duffle bag.
- 1 yard of heavy cotton such as canvas,
duck canvas, good upholstery fabric or
other suitable fabric such as barks cloth,
cotton or denim.
- 18-inch purse zipper (NOTE: If you do
not have a purse zipper, a regular 18”
zipper will work.)
- 2 – 26 inch long by 4 inch wide strips of
contrasting fabric for your handles
- 1 package of Wright’s Maxi Piping (optional)
- 4 appliqué’s to cover handle ends (optional)
- straight edge ruler or cutting mat
- rotary cutter or good scissors
- iron and ironing board
- straight or stick pins
More duffle bag patterns and tutorials featured at PatternPile:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!