A Free PDF Sewing Tutorial
This free sewing tutorial is written so beginner and intermediate sewers can create a simple, unlined, functional duffle bag.
- 1 yard of heavy cotton such as canvas,
duck canvas, good upholstery fabric or
other suitable fabric such as barks cloth,
cotton or denim.
- 18-inch purse zipper (NOTE: If you do
not have a purse zipper, a regular 18”
zipper will work.)
- 2 – 26 inch long by 4 inch wide strips of
contrasting fabric for your handles
- 1 package of Wright’s Maxi Piping (optional)
- 4 appliqué’s to cover handle ends (optional)
- straight edge ruler or cutting mat
- rotary cutter or good scissors
- iron and ironing board
- straight or stick pins
More duffle bag patterns and tutorials featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Holiday Projects
- The Elsie K. Baglet Pattern from StudioKat Designs ✁
- DIYFluffies - Stuffed Animal Sewing & Crochet Patterns - Buy 5 patterns and get 20% off with code: PATTERNS5 🐯