Learn how to sew a hot soup bowl cozy with this free sewing project. Protect your fingers and your furniture from hot bowls of hot soup, chili, oatmeal, etc with a fabric bowl cozy that is attractive and very functional. Fast and easy to sew, making these hot soup bowl cozies ideal custom made gifts all year long!
Note: When working with products intended for use in a microwave, certain precautions should be taken. Use only 100% cotton batting, thread and fabric. This 100% natural cotton batting is perfect for microwavable projects like insulated potato bags, casserole warmers and more. Retains moisture for steamy potatoes and vegetables. It’s free of glues and chemicals. Wrap and Zap is made of 100% cotton fibers without any additives. It is not fire retardant or flame proof. For this reason, it is suggested to cook in two-minute intervals for a maximum of eight minutes. Never leave the microwave unattended. Do not use in a convection/microwave oven.
- 2 10″ squares of fabric
- 2 10″ squares of microwave safe Wrap and Zap batting
- fabric marking pen
More sewing projects for home storage:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New