Sue's Picks: 💖
Suzy’s Sack – A Simple Everyday Bag for Essentials 👜
The Quilters Ultimate Carry-All Bag ✂️
Something’s Fishy Tropical Beach Bag 🐟
Sponsored Links: 🔗
Cozy Nest Designs' Seat Belt Project Kit of the Month for May 📦
Print your PDF Patterns with Tomato Ink! 📃
Purse Hardware and Zippers for Bags 👝
The Summit Pack PDF sewing pattern is from Cloudsplitter Bags offering printable pattern pieces, a detailed cutting list, and 23 pages of step-by-step instructions with large color photos. The sleek style Summit Pack is ideal for anyone on the go and an awesome backpack/sling bag for day trips, biking, hiking, vacations, etc, providing a hands-free carrying solution. The Summit boasts two zippered compartments for convenience. The front compartment includes card slots and a pocket within. The main compartment is made with a padded gadget pocket and a zipper pocket. At the back of the bag is an extra zippered pocket where the bag is turned in the final sewing step! This bag was designed, and constructed, in a unique way that means no binding and no baggy linings! We love this sleek sporty modern style!
• 3/4 yard quilting cotton 45” wide for the main exterior
• 3/4 yard exterior contrast / pocket fabric – quilting cotton 45” wide
• 1 yard lining fabric – quilting cotton 45” wide
• 4 yards Pellon SF101 – or substitute another woven lightweight fusible interfacing
• 1/2 yard Pellon Flex Foam – or substitute headliner foam, Soft and Stable, or other foam interfacing
• one 13” or longer purse zipper (with larger pull and wide zipper tape)
• one 16” or longer purse zipper
• two 1” D-rings (or one if you will not need to switch strap sides occasionally)
• one 1” swivel clip
• one 1” tri-glide slider
• two nylon zippers, one 6” (for lining pocket), one 8” (for exterior pocket) standard coil to match (one
for exterior, one for lining).
• spray adhesive, or Wonder-Under for placing foam
More slings and backpacks to sew:
We hope these projects inspire you to sew, knit, or crochet, something fabulous today!