A Free Sewing Tutorial from Sip, Sew, Savannah
This backpack sewing project is simple and fun to sew. A drawstring closes the bag tight and a flap covers the cinched top. Maxime from Sip, Sew, Savannah used a lovely natural canvas paired with a fresh contrasting fabric print. Some soft rope is used as the drawstring. This bag is reinforced with fusible interfacing. Webbing is used for straps, of course you can create your own. Maybe add some padding to the straps for comfort over the shoulders? A nice basic drawstring backpack bag for the beach or back to school.
- 3/4 yard sturdy fabric
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 1/4 yard fusible interfacing
- drawstring cord
- 50″ of webbing at any width
More backpack projects featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Side Slinger from StudioKat Designs
- The Hold Me Tight iPad Sleeve from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New