A free PDF pattern and video tutorial to create a sweet granny-square storage basket.
Crochet these beautiful, functional, and fun to make household storage baskets embellished with granny squares around the top, measuring approximately 8¼” (21 cm) in diameter and 6″ (15 cm) high. A free PDF pattern download from Schachenmayer brand yarns. If you are a crochet beginner, and would like a tutorial for creating simple granny squares, there is a video posted below, just for you!
Gauge: 22 dc and 21 rounds in crochet pattern = 4″ x 4″ (10 x 10 cm). 1 granny square = 2½” x 2½” (6 x 6 cm).
Materials: 150 g of Schachenmayr Catania (100% cotton, 140 yards/125 m/50 g) in “Mud” #00406 and 50 g each of “Sand” #00404, “Peach” #00401, “Dahlia” #00409, and “Reseda” #00402; AND a crochet hook, size 2.5 mm (US 1). The Catania yarn is produced from high quality 100% combed and mercerized cotton. Recommended for both knitting and crochet, Catania is a great choice for summery garments and airy accessories, with a cool and light-weight comfort. The super-wide range of more than 90 luscious colors leaves nothing more to be desired. This yarn is KING/QUEEN in the world of Amigurumis!
Free Granny Square Crochet Tutorial:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New