The Switch Bag pattern is a modern convertible backpack + cross-body messenger bag sewing pattern from Spencer Ogg Designs. This versatile backpack converts in seconds to a cross-body messenger bag. No straps to change over, just one quick pull and it transforms! You can be shopping and carry as a messenger bag, and then transform it effortlessly into a backpack that you can throw on your back ready for the commute home with the brilliant adjustable webbing straps. You can also sew the Switch Bag as a diaper bag, or to carry your iPad to work or school. This convertible bag is ideal for students.
This PDF sewing pattern is suitable for use with most fabrics including tweeds, denim and medium-weight cotton fabrics. Sew Switch from half of a yard each of exterior fabric, lining, and feature lining. 15 pages of full colour tutorial style instructions with detailed photos will walk you through sewing a professional-looking bag in no time. The Switch Bag has a top zippered closure with a large curved pocket featured at the front. Switch is lined throughout with an inside phone pocket too. Skill level: advanced beginner. This is an easy to moderate pattern. Approximate finished bag dimensions: 11.5″ x 11″ or (29 x 28 cm).
More bags like this:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The One-Trip-Up the Stairs Basket – PDF Sewing Pattern from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- Fold and Go Dog Walking Bag from Sewn Ideas
- Sewing Machine Repair – Common problems with stitches, threading, tension and bobbins! featured at Sew What's New
- UPDATED: The Ana Flat-Bottom Drawstring Cosmetic Bag from Merge Bags