Include a beautiful Liberty fabric print on your wedding day and follow Lara from Messyla’s easy step-by-step sewing tutorial to make these pretty floral sixpence bags.
A traditional English rhyme detailing what the beautiful bride shall wear or carry on her wedding day for good luck:
…and a silver sixpence in her shoe.
Tradition says the bride’s father should place a sixpence coin in his daughter’s left shoe before she walks down the aisle. A sixpence is supposed to bring the newlywed couple a lifetime of happiness, love, health, and wealth.
This little drawstring sixpence bag is very easy to sew and a lovely wedding keepsake. Include a beautiful Liberty fabric print on your wedding day or sew one together for another bride, and follow Lara from Messyla’s easy step-by-step sewing tutorial to make these pretty floral sixpence bags. Lara is a designer, photographer and founder of pretty lifestyle brand, Messyla.
The latest from some of our partners:
- Rudolph the Reindeer - Amigurumi from DIY Fluffies
- Sweet Treats Holiday Gift & Goody Bags from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- New Collections of Fabrics & Panels from QuiltGirls
- Gift Tags and Bags for Confident Beginners from Sewn Ideas
- 45+ Free Sewing Projects for the Kitchen – Video Series featured at Sew What's New