We loved the fresh colors against the soft grey fabrics when we spotted this pretty quilted tote bag! Andy of A Bright Corner used the same measurements and a free sewing tutorial from Amanda the Jedi Craft Girl to make this bag, but replaced the solid piece of fabric at the top half of the tote – with this beautiful patchwork design. The initial tutorial by Jedi Craft Girl is no longer available, it has been redirected, (? so sad!) however, you could use just about any basic tote design and include Andy’s patchwork inspiration to the upper half of your basic tote! The low volume fabrics, choice of colors, and placement as well as the use of light space give this tote a fresh modern appeal. The bag is a medium to large size – it measures 7” deep, 14” high, and 13” wide.
Andy shares her front and back panel design on her blog, please visit her for more pretties and quilting inspiration!
Basic tote bag sewing patterns and tutorials:
Tote Bag Tutorials – [block]5[/block]
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New