Create a one-of-a-kind tote with scallops and embellishments!
The free scalloped tote bag sewing tutorial and PDF scallop pattern from Embroidery Library will take you step by step through an easy-to-understand process to create a unique and striking handbag. Sewing this tote is a terrific way to showcase a new embroidery pattern and any fabrics for the scallops to make it “pop”. Feminine and sturdy, this tote bag also features shoulder straps, and two deep exterior pockets.
If you don’t embroider, perhaps small appliques, fabric paint. Or, create the bag in ombre with a solid dark blue (or denim) at the bottom, and moving up through each scallop your blues get lighter, creating the appearance of ocean waves. Your top scallop would represent the sky. Embroidering a boat along the top panel would complete the look of a nautical tote bag.
The layered scallops combined with butterfly and floral embroidery compliment each other beautifully and any bag that features these embellishments is certain to be a go-to shoulder bag that you can take anywhere.
More like this featured at PatternPile:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Roundabout Seatbelt Bag ePattern and Kits from Cozy Nest Designs
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Jelly Roll Tote Tutorial featured at Sew What's New