A Free DIY from Stitch Lab
The folks at Stitch Lab Blog show us how to sew a recessed zipper into a basic tote bag, turning it into a fantastic shopping bag or weekly errand tote. We usually add a zippered closure to the top of a bag to keep belongings secure inside, going without the risk of having everything tumble out if the bag tips over. A zippered main/top closure is a good idea when you have a bag without enough body and sturdiness to hold itself straight and tall.
Sullivans Make-A-Zipper Kit 5 1/2 yd. Turquoise
Watch Izzy Meimsaab‘s free video tutorial:
More ways to use zippers for your bags:
The latest from some of our partners:
- Just Arrived - Today's Newest Fabric Collections!
- Totes & Bags eBook from Candi Jensen and Heather Vantress
- COUPON Codes for PDF Pattern Bundles from DIY Fluffies
- The Packlet Pouch from StudioKat Designs
- The Essential Cross-body Bag for All Ages from Sewn Ideas
- Face Mask Sewing Tutorials + Printable Patterns featured at Sew What's New